Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Baby Girl is the Best!

Knock, knock...wait...little feet scurry to the door and slowly the heavy door is opened by the tiny hand of an eager three-year old. "NANI!...Nani, Nani...come in...see my picture!...wanna play?...I missed you...wanna color?...come in my room...here's my yellow M & M costume...wanna play with beads and kitchen things?...can we go to the playground?...you can touch my pink-trick-r-treat-bucket...see the pumpkins we made?...what's that? (bending over to get a close-up view of a smashed bug)...that's yucky!...com'on, let's go!...you sit in that swing and I'll sit in this swing and swing by myself...swing high, Nani!...higher!...come over here and sit on the horse and I'll sit on the lion...go fast...faster...now I want to sit on the horse and you sit on the lion...now lets find sticks on the ground and put them in my pink-trick-r-treat-bucket...look at this one...here's a rock...I have seven sticks and rocks...let's go down the slide with the sticks...you stay down, Nani, cause you're too big for this slide...I'm little cause I'm a kid...let's climb over here...climb, Nani..."


And so it goes...every time I visit Asha. There isn't a sweeter exhaustion.

No comments: